Vaastu is an ancient Indian science that works on the principle of Panchbhootas, a term referring to the five basic elements of the universe: Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Space. Vaastu is a science that attempts to achieve a synergy across all the five elements in such a way that the abode becomes favourable to its inhabitants. The optimum use of Vaastu concepts can help one achieve an atmosphere at home that is physically comfortable, emotional soothing and intellectually vibrant.
We have compiled a few Vaastu tips that you can use to enhance the positive effect of elements in various rooms of your home.
- East is the most auspicious direction for entrance to a house.
- The slope of the property should be from west to east or south to north.
- Shadow of a tree should never fall on the house.
- The north direction represents prosperity, and should never be blocked.
- Cactus plant should never be grown in the house.
- All doors should open towards inside.
- Door hinges should be noiseless.
- Columns in a building must be placed in even numbers in any construction.
- The main bedroom should be constructed in the south-west direction.
- Square and rectangle shape bedrooms are perfect for ensuring peace and prosperity.
- Avoid hanging pictures that depict violence or sorrow.
- Sleep with your head towards South.
- The north direction is ideal for the construction of living room.
- Air-conditioners should be in the west and not in the southeast section.
- Southern and western corners of the room are perfect for placing the furniture.
- Dining tables must have even-numbered chairs.
- The ideal location of the kitchen is the southeast corner of the house, with northwest being the second best option.
- Cooking activity should be done while facing east, as it’s an auspicious direction. The other option is north direction.
- Electrical items such as microwaves, juicers and mixers should be placed in the southeast corner of the kitchen.
- The refrigerator should be in the northwest, southeast, south or west.